Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lights Action Camera

http://lordsaveusthemovie.com/films.html

So I was very excited to hear that Lord Save Us From Your Followers was playing at The Hollywood theater this week. Of course I loved the book, and the reviews in both Willamette Week and Portland Mercury were positive...well as positive as you would expect from those pubs. Not exactly the bastions all that is good and holy....but they do let you know what is happening in Portland. Stuff we all should be aware about (think about reading those as you watch Lord Save Us and see the Family Fued clip)

Well it exceeded my expectations. A good turnout...even Dan himself (who looks much slimmer in black then in the white bumper sticker suit, mentioned that to him and he said he was learning! Funny guy). Even got a bumper sticker out of the evening. The movie is well produced, paced just right and gets the message across without being preachy...which the movie certainly is. But that's a good thing. I was challenged again and again as I watched, just as I was from reading the book, to review my thoughts, my attitudes and my Jesus (or the Jesus I have as opposed to the real Jesus...sometimes not quite the same guy). There is no way you can watch this movie and not be moved.

This film should be must viewing by all those that call themselves followers of Christ. Get out and see the movie! Costs $10 per person, but a large popcorn is only $3.50 and pop is $1.50. But as the commercial says, the movie: priceless

No comments: